Sign in to follow this  
Bala

Suspending SA:MP

Hello Community Members and Staff,

Some of will probably have been thinking this has been coming but unfortunately, i regret to inform you all that we'll be temporarily suspending the SA:MP roleplay server with immediate effect until further notice. This is hopefully going to be a temporary measure and we hope to return in the next couple of months with something that is more sustainable in the long term. I don't have a specific return date at this time, but I don't foresee it being 

Truth is, there are probably quite a few reasons why things have not worked out but the most damning one seems to be that people are burned out and are indifferent to the server being up with so little people online. It's clear we do have the numbers but there is no one system or script feature or rule change that can change that on the scale that it would take to get things going again like people want it to so the best option is to regroup, redesign and relaunch later on. I'd rather we just took a break and came back stronger than continue trying to convince people that they should play. The ethos at the start was that this is an every person server and you should only play it while it's fun for you. We don't feel that we're currently delivering that.

In the meanwhile, both the Discord and the Forums will be operational as normal and will be the hub for updates. The SA:MP server will be offline from this point forwards until we return but all your stats will be archived and safe. Donations will be paused so you'll get the time you have left on them. As for factions it'll depend what the factions status is at relaunch whether they are still scripted.

We resolve to come back a better server than we've previously been with everything properly in place for the community to succeed, once again for the long term, not just for a couple months. On a personal level, I want to thank everyone new and old that has shown up and put the time in to be here. I hope to see you guys for the relaunch. Stay tuned to the forums and discord for updates. If you haven't already, make sure you have your email options correct so if we send out the mass email, you'll recieve it.

Discuss - http://www.dgc-rp.net/forums/index.php?/topic/4039-suspending-samp-thread/&do=getNewComment

Bala.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7